Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Heading downhill in a hurry

Had a physical a couple of weeks ago to get ready for Boy Scout summer camp. I am now on medications for ADD, cholesterol, and 2 for Type II Diabetes.

How did I let myself go so far? I ran cross-country in high school! I did the mile swim for Scouts at 10,400 feet in 1983. I ran a 68 second 1/4 mile and a 37 minute 10K.

I am trying to see this as a forced blessing. My oldest is only 13. My youngest is 2. I have a lot of life left - if I take care of myself. I started my meds yesterday. I start exercising when this is post is finished.

I think that with some help from God and my wife, I can use this to change my entire life. I am being compelled to change my physical habits. If I can extend that with the help of my ADD med, I can gain self-control over my work and study habits too. I could become organized and actually have time to spend with my kids!

Stay tuned - it only gets more interesting as we go! :)

Old Chewie
- what doesn't kill me makes me stranger!

No comments: